vendredi 29 mai 2009

Questions for Rafa: how I once failed PE and my hopes of following in Tiger's footsteps


Nadal_360 Questions from The Times

If Real Madrid had been playing in last night's Champions League final would you have found it more difficult to keep your mind on tennis?
Neil

RN: No, it would have been the same. As I said yesterday I am a tennis professional and first thing is first. The most important thing for me is this tournament I am playing and if I have time for other things then I do them. Still I think everything is compatible.

What is your first memory of watching or even playing sport as a child?
Tim

RN: I always, since I was a little kid that I don't even remember I have been playing. Sport is fun, and I played to do sports, for fun.

How hard was it to miss last season's Davis Cup final through injury? Did you find it painful to watch?
Ben

RN: It is tough, for sure. I would have loved to be there and at the Masters in Shanghai. It was very unfortunate for me although the team did great and won. I am happy to have contributed at the ties I played, specially in Madrid.

Questions from readers

Did you feel sorry for Manchester United after their defeat by Barcelona last night, because I know you also like them?
Beccy, Wales

RN: I do like them, but Barcelona is a Spanish team so I wanted them to win. I am happy for them.

Lleyton Hewitt fights as hard as anyone on court and never gives up, are you preparing yourself for a battle?
David, Scotland

RN: sure, I am always preparing my self. This is exactly what I say to every media who asks me about a potential final. Lleyton is a great player with a great history on this sport and it won't be easy that's for sure.

How are your knees at the moment?
Kate, Liverpool

RN: Very good, thanks. I am feeling good.

If you could change one rule in tennis what would it be?
Isle, Hong Kong

RN: I think I am going to keep this one to my self and discuss it at the next player council meeting. It is not just one...

Do you find it hard to balance your tennis life with you personal life?
Divya Babu

RN: No, right now I know that tennis is most part of my life and I accept it. I also have my personal life and I only ask for respect.

Other than the Spanish players, who are you closest to on the tour?
Eleinee Lopez, Melbourne

RN: Argentinian Juan "Pico" Monaco is one of my best friends.

I’ve noticed this year you are carrying an extra bag onto court for your matches. Why?
Juanita

RN: No, I always carried my Babolat racquet bag and the Nike bag with some extra clothes and shoes.

What was your worst subject at school?
Ashvini, London

RN: Let me tell you that once I got an F at Physical Education...

Many great players become coaches once they retire, although I hope you are a long way from retirement, have you considered what you might do? Would you like to become a coach perhaps?
Sam, Cornwall

RN: No, not yet and I am not sure I could do it right...

If you had to describe yourself in one word what would you say?
Nafeea, Trinidad and Tobago

RN: Normal

Any chance of you turning into a professional golfer once you're done with tennis?
Esperia, London

RN: I probably would like to but I think it will be too difficult. I just play for fun.

Aucun commentaire: