jeudi 28 mai 2009

Congratulations to 'perfect' Barca, but tennis will always come first

Barca

Hi everyone,

TENNIS AND FOOTBALL
I am writing this blog after the Champions League final. All of us staying here have watched it here at the hotel lobby and the first thing I want to do is congratulate all the Barcelona team. What a fantastic team. The closest thing to perfection!!!. And I say this first since it looks like this is the only thing people were really caring today was about the football match. Sure I wanted to watch it, you know I love football and I watch a lot but it was kind of funny to have questions in the press conference about me wanting to change the match today to play earlier.

I am a professional tennis player and first thing is first for me. The main thing today was to win my match and then, if I had time, watch the football match on TV. In the end I did both. I managed to win and went back to the hotel to watch the match.

DAY OFF
To be honest with you, the only thing I did really care about was to finish the match today. At some point in the third set, it started to rain. I was saying, please, please, let's hope we can finish the match since in these kind of tournaments it is important to have that day off to practice and improve those things that didn't work well. If the match would have not been finished then you have to go back tomorrow,
warm up for those games and who knows. If you win, you really have that kind of day that doesn't allow you to do much.

TOMORROW
As I say day off with no match but early practice at 11 am to continue to try to improve things. After that I have a promotional action with the Balearic Islands who apart from being my homeland I also support
them and will meet with them at 4 pm together with International media.

Thanks
Rafa

Aucun commentaire: