mercredi 27 mai 2009

On the practice court looking to put things right

Rafa_nadal_360

TODAY:

Not much today, just the usual day off after a match. It is true that after the first round match, the tension is not the same as it was last year on the day off before the final. IT is a day that I thought about the match yesterday. Analyze what I did right (not too many things) and what I did wrong. Try to correct things. I went to practice with that mentality, thinking on the things I have to improve. It is important to have a close look at things. Tennis is not maths and you just can't see things and automatically change them, you need to work on them at the practice.
MY TEAM: Now that the tournament has just started, I wanted to talk about the people here with me. I have most of my team here with me this week. Each one of them has its role and they also support me when is needed. My coach and uncle Toni, my physio Rafel Maymo are the ones that came with me on Wednesday night last week. Carlos Costa, my manager, came on Thursday morning and left. He is back in Paris now and I am sure he would have loved to be in Rome tomorrow watching his team FC Barcelona. Benito, "filete Barbadillo", my PR guy came for the weekend and left Sunday night. He is coming back tomorrow. The doctor, Angel Cotorro, is also here and is a great help in case things go wrong with any injury that might happen. Roy Sakaguchi from Nike is also here, he is part of the team as well as Tuts who will be coming later in the tournament if I am still here.

Aucun commentaire: