lundi 18 janvier 2010

Blog de Rafa

SUNDAY, January 17: HELLO everyone! I'm back in Australia, back at the Oz Open and I have to say the tournament could have not started better.

We know the main draw is only starting tomorrow - by the way I am playing at 7pm local time - but to me the main draw started with the Hit for Haiti.

How did that happen? I was in the Player's Restaurant yesterday morning and received a text message from
Roger. I thought it was a great idea from Roger and replied saying count me in and thanks!

So today we have played something that I think was really nice. The goal to raise money, the court completely full, some great players there trying to entertain everyone, with microphones while playing, playing around mixed with women, Jim Courier up there as a chair umpire.


Believe me also that I didn't understand all the words and jokes ... you know ... my English is not that good, so I have to say I struggled a lot of the times to understand.

Like when Roger was tossing the racquet and Jim asked me: `Rafa up or down?` and I understood Rafa up and down and started jumping! :-)

Not easy, believe me. But again, the whole thing was for a good cause and I am thankful to Roger for thinking about me and thank everyone who came or saw it on TV.

Mostly thanks to all those who contributed and so I also encourage all of you to contribute.

So, thanks again this year for being there. I will be posting every day until the end of 'my' tournament. I hope I can get a lot of posts in...

Tomorrow I'll talk more about the tournament, how I got here, when, and how's everything for me. Today it was the day for Haiti!

Thanks. Rafa

Aucun commentaire: