lundi 25 janvier 2010

Blog de Rafa: Early to bed, early to rise

SUNDAY, January 24: Sorry there was no blog yesterday but I went to bed pretty early last night since I had an early pick-up this morning.

I'd scheduled my warm-up session at 10am so I had the car at 8.30am.

I know it's not that early for normal people who go to work or to an office, but considering we spend many hours at the tournament site and even on court playing, it's pretty early to be up by 7.30 or 8 to get ready for the match ...

Anyway, I went to bed early and hadn't received the questions.

Not sure I have commented on this before, but some people ask me why I get my warm-up SO early compared to other players.

I prefer to be there and waiting but ready rather than late for my warm-up and do things wrong.

We knew the match before mine would go at least for one hour and a half, if not more, but you never know.

If one of the two players retire we have to be ready immediately and I need to be properly warmed up. So I choose to be there early.

Tomorrow I will wake up around 8.45 and I will watch on TV the Spanish soccer game between Real Madrid and Malaga.

The thing is that the match is shown here delayed so I will have all my phones, computer and friends off so I can watch the match in my room without knowing the score.

It will be like live for me ... then I will go to the site to practise...

Thanks to all for our support. I hear the blog is being liked so that's great (that's what Jim said to me today on court).

Thanks.

Rafa

Aucun commentaire: