vendredi 29 janvier 2010

Blog de Rafa: Aussies are "simply amazing"

SPANISH tennis player Rafael Nadal bids Australia good-bye, after a disappointing end to his Australian Open campaign.

Hello everyone,

I didn't want to leave without saying goodbye and thanks. I had a great time during my stay in Melbourne.

It is obvious I would have loved to be there today, writing this blog from my Melbourne hotel room waiting for the final.

But this year it was not meant to be. I really felt great during my stay in Australia.

The people there are simply amazing, it's one of the nicest countries in the world.

Starting with the tournament organisers, the player services people who never get mentioned at speeches on court, the tournament director, the crowds and also Ian, the driver assigned to me during tournament, a really nice person who was always there trying to help.

I am happy and sad at the same time. Happy because I felt I was playing really well. Against Andy Murray I probably played at highest level I've managed in the past 12 months.

He was better and deserved to win, but I felt I could have won either of the first two sets.

There was a couple of matches at Indian Wells last March where I also played at that high level, but not much more last year.

But I was sad in Melbourne because, unfortunately, I had to retire and everyone knows I hate to do that.

Haven't done it much in my career, but I thought I could not go any further and the injury could get worse. On top of that, Andy was too good that day for me.

So, I have written this post on the plane back to Spain. It's a long trip and I had time to think and time to analyze everything. I am going to go and get checked by my doctor in Spain.

I imagine a lot of people are speculating about me, and my knee, creating doubts... it is normal, we know that. Sometimes there is simply too much speculation.

Anyway, I am looking forward to coming back to Melbourne next year. Many thanks to all. Rafa.

Aucun commentaire: