mercredi 20 janvier 2010

Blog de Rafa: My typical Grand Slam day

TUESDAY, January 19: Hi everyone, I'm writing this blog at the end of another day in Melbourne. No match for me today and only a good practice to get ready for tomorrow's match.

It has been actually the first practice with my Uncle Toni since he could only arrive on Sunday night due to a problem he had before departing on Tuesday last week. It was kind of awkward not to have him around before.
So I got my practice done in the morning and by 1pm I was done.

Had to do some promotion for one tournament, had lunch at the site with my team and my father and then had all the afternoon free.

I got some rest, watched some tennis on TV, met with my agent for some work and simply went for dinner to a restaurant close to the hotel. This is a typical routine day for us at a very important tournament like this.

Some people ask us if we go out sightseeing and visiting. To be honest we don't have that much time for that and it also takes energy away.

At tournaments like this you need everything to be perfect and can't waste much energy and/or time.

Some people might think it is boring but I see it like the part of the job you normally like less. We have other times to go visiting, sightseeing when we finish the tournament.

Now we are more focussed and with all the work, tennis, press, etc we tend to stay more calmed.

Hope to be here again tomorrow writing more.

Thanks,

Rafa

Aucun commentaire: