lundi 21 juin 2010

Q & R avec Rafa

Questions for Rafa: England will qualify at the World Cup

Rafael NadalYesterday, 10:56PM


blog post photo


Rafa answers you every day. E-mail your question to
rafa@timesonline.co.uk.

Hello Rafa, do you feel differences from the last time you were in Wimbledon, in 2008, than this year - I mean about your game? You have not been able to play a lot this year on grass like two years ago when you won Queens, but I am sure with your practice and matches you will feel at home. All the best for your match on Tuesday! Ana Ford

RN: You never know. I think I played great tennis in '08. I am feeling well and I am practicing well. Then the competition is something you never know.


Hola Rafa, congratulations on your clay slam and fifth Roland Garros title, you were awesome. I watched you winning your French Open in no other than your beloved Mallorca! I would love to ask you who would you say is your toughest opponent on grass? Except Roger of course! Fae (London)

RN: Many thanks. Grass is a special surface and clearly the servers, the big servers are all very dangerous! But also the players that return well are difficult on this surface.


Rafa, we all know you take lots of showers, but do you ever have time to relax in a nice hot bath? I read on your Facebook page you thought it was cold when you practiced on Saturday. You must keep your muscles warm against our strange weather. Angela

RN:
Sometime yes. But not much. Yesterday it was pretty cold but once you cover and you run is also OK.


So happy to have you back at Wimbledon! Congratulations on all your success this year. I'm wondering about your relationship with R. Maymo. You spend so much time together, I'm wondering if you've become close friends or is it a more professional relationship? You must depend on him a great deal. I want to thank him for taking such good care of you! Jane

RN: Many thanks. I have a close and personal relationship with all my team members. We are working but friends also, even if we have a difference on age like with Carlos and Benito. With Maymo I spent the most time since he is always at every tournament and every practice with me. So yes, it is a very important guy in the team.


Howdy, Rafa! In a recent interview, it was mentioned that you were getting nervous because the driver of your car was going a bit fast. What tournament has the craziest, most nerve-wracking hotel-to-site drive? Beth

RN:
I suppose that was in Rome ... They drive really "different" there.


Hi Rafa, I finally got to meet you at Queens, is your hamstring ok? Saludos, Sam

RN:
Everything well, believe me.


Hola Rafa! What do you think about England's performance at the World Cup so far? Kim, London

RN: I am sure they'll qualify and then a whole new World Cup starts. I think they have a great team!


Hi Rafa, thanks for blogging and answering our questions again, I love reading everything and it's the first thing I look at when I switch on my computer. My question is: have you watched any of "Big Brother" on TV now you're in London and would you ever go on a reality TV show such as "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" where famous people live in the jungle for three weeks and have to do tasks to earn their meals? Juliette Westbrook-Finch

RN:
Nope, not at all. I am not much into those shows to be honest with you.


Rafa, congratulations on your clay season, it is so good to see you confident and healthy again. In the trophy ceremonies, if the Spanish anthem had words would you sing along or not? Christy from Canada

RN: Yes, for sure. That is a special feeling for me when I hear the anthem and see the flag.


I saw Beyonce (the singer) in the crowds at the Roland Garros final. Are you planning another music video? Marija B

RN: Hahaha. No, not really.

Aucun commentaire: