mardi 29 juin 2010

Q & R avec Rafa: I feel sorry for those players who cheat

Rafael Nadal
2 hours ago


blog post photo


Hello Rafa, congrats to your win on Saturday and I really hope that your fine now. Now that England is out of the World Cup, you could cheer for Brazil. What do you think?
Love, Mayara - Brazil

RN: I like the Brazilian team but I am going to be diplomatic here and say that I only want Spain to win at this point...


One of the most noticeable things about you is the importance you attach to fair play and correct behaviour, so what do you think when you see sportsmen cheating or behaving badly? Vamos campeon! I saw you on Centre Court on Saturday and you are incredible!!
Love, Emma

RN:
I think that I have proven during all these years how important is to be fair in and off the court. I just couldn't cheat, not the way I have been brought up so I am sorry for those who cheat and I also feel we have to be strong as a sport against those who cheat.

Do you ever imagine what it would be like to play tennis 40 years ago? Do you think you would be able to be a great player with a wooden racket, and would you have enjoyed travelling without your coaching team?
Claire

RN:
Many thanks. I suppose there are also many other factors that make it different and clearly not something we want to do. Imagine also travelling. Now it is easy even to get to Australia. In those days it must have taken them for ages to get there! Nowadays we lose and we can go home easily and quickly!

I grew up watching Borg, Agassi and Enberg winning on grass by making hardly any aces. Do you think big servers are ruining the beauty of the grass game which should consists of passing, volleys and lobs and occasionally some aces? Sometimes I feel big servers are playing baseball instead of tennis.
Thanks, Shirlee, New York City

RN:
Clearly the big servers have an advantage here on grass but that's the way it is.

What I wanted to ask please is: what gives you the most satisfaction in your tennis career to date, regaining the world number one ranking this year or simply playing the best tennis you can as consistently as possible? You really are a credit to tennis, on and off-court!
Amanda, West London

RN
: Playing the best tennis and specially winning tournaments, big tournaments like Wimbledon gets you to that world ranking...


Congratulations on your best match yet at Wimbledon. At changeover, doesn't it bother you having a huge camera lens filming you during your private moments of thought and concentration, or are you able to just forget that they are there? It just seems so intrusive. ¡Bona sort! Claudia, Penyes Rotjes, Mallorca

RN:
I suppose we have gotten used to it. No worries.

Congratulations on your commanding performance! When you have a day off during a grand slam second week, when do you practise and for how long? A die-hard fan, Abbie

RN: I am hitting today for an hour. But it also depends on how the previous match went. I feel I need that good hour of practice today.


You played great against Mathieu, but is it going be more difficult against Soderling?
Axèle

RN: They are different matches. Mathieu is a very good and talented player. I am sure that Soderling's match will be, as always, very difficult.


Do you get annoyed with fans who ask for your autograph several times, or do you just accept it?
Kim, London

RN:
I try to be as nice as possible with everyone and try to sign as much autographs as possible. It is true that I see many times the same person asking for autographs and that's kind of unfair for the other fans... So I sign to the others in that case....

Aucun commentaire: