vendredi 25 juin 2010

Q & R avec Rafa: should their be a fifth set tie-break?

blog post photo



Did you see the Isner/Mahut match? Do you think they might play all week? Sia Morris

RN:
I saw a lot of it. Clearly not all of it. WHAT AN AMAZING MATCH!!!! I really congratulate both players for what they've done!!!

I am watching the Isner/Mahut match right now, and I am amazed that they are now at 52 games all in the fifth set. Do you think there should be a fifth set tie-break like at the US Open or should the players play it out like we are seeing? Traci

RN:
No, no. I prefer it like this. We would have never seen something like this!!! What an effort!!!

Federer said before the tournament that his draw looks more easy than yours. Would you agree? Susanne

RN:
I normally agree with Roger... :-)

What do you enjoy the most when playing Davis Cup for your country? Arlene McLean

RN:
The fact that I am representing my country and also the fact that we are playing as a team.

Rafa, you clean?? What do you do - like dust, scrub the floors, clean the toilet...? Does your team help out? I guess big muscles help... Yours in astonishment, Emma.

RN:
Hahhahaaha. This week a bit of everything... but not much, believe me...

Do you find it hard to get out of the habit of "cleaning the line" with your foot when you change from clay to grass? Sam

RN:
That's a very good and funny question. Can't do it here so no habit like that here.

During your match yesterday John McEnroe said you had size 11.5 feet but wear size 10 trainers. Is this true? Why? Doesn’t it hurt? Sam Bastiman

RN:
Not really. I have a special shoe size, that's why Nike does them custom fit for me. I am a 10.5 in any case...

What are your thoughts about the controversy with the French World Cup team? JoAnn Chu

RN:
Not much, they have to fix it among themselves. It was strange though to see the players not practicing one day. Very strange.

Aucun commentaire: