mardi 22 juin 2010

Q & R avec Rafa: did you really get a D in gym class?

Rafael NadalYesterday, 10:45PM


blog post photo
Hallo Rafa, congratulations on your clay court season and winning Roland Garros! The grass court season is very short whilst Wimbledon is one of the biggest tournaments - do you wish there were a few more grass tournaments to build up to Wimbledon or do you think this is part of the challenge for this prestigious trophy? I hope you can repeat your 2008 success at Wimbledon!
Love, Anthea (London)


RN: Many thanks. THis is a very difficult question to answer. True that the grass court season is very short, but I am not sure that Wimbledon and Roland Garros would move their dates...

Hola rafa! Congratulations for yet another French open title! I'm so pleased and excited you’re back at Wimbledon, I have tickets so hopefully I will see you! My question is if you had to stay away from home for a year which country would you go to? Good luck at Wimbledon - I've got my Spanish flag ready to wave!
Jazz Beale UK


RN: Many thanks. I would definitely stay in Spain, in Mallorca.

You promised to tell us a story about how a great Rafa Nadal got once a D at gym class in school and you never did! Could we hear it now?
Marija Baletic


RN: Hahahahahaha. It is too long to tell here. Maybe next week i'll post the story on my web site (rafaelnadal.com)


Hi Rafa! I read that you practiced with Andy Roddick the other day. Do you practice together often? You are my two favourite players!
Angela, New York


RN: Yes I did. It is not normal that we practice together, specially before a big tournament. But we had the chance and we had a good practice I have to say. I like Andy.


Congratulations for your French Open victory! I wanted to ask if it made you a little nervous to have the Queen of Spain sitting courtside? I understand she doesn’t often leave Spain for events like this so it made me happy she came to cheer your victory.
Terry


RN: Not really since I have been very honoured to have her coming to several matches. It is always special to have the support of the Royal Family so I am only thankful to them for their support.


Hola Rafa, thank you very much for writing another blog for us, your very lucky fans and for replying to our questions … you are very lovely. Rafa, which football teams have impressed you in the World Cup? Thanks a million and good luck, Rafa. And good luck to Spain in the World Cup.
Niamh Kearney, Ireland


RN: Thank you for being there. So far I have to say that the USA played the fresher football. They are offensive and not scared of losing. I also liked Portugal with that 7-0 amazing score. And Spain is getting better...


Hi Rafa, welcome back to the green grass of home! Have you ever tried fish and chips when in England?
Judith VB


RN: Yes I have. You know I love fish! (and chips too).


Hi Rafa, congrats on a great spring. If you could add one shot to your game from another top player (i.e. Roddick's serve, Gasquet's backhand, etc), which one would it be?
Greg, Vancouver, Canada


RN: Federer's serve!


Hiya Rafa, I know you started playing tennis left-handed several years ago but can you still play right handed? Good luck for Wimbledon, I hope you will be biting the trophy in 2 weeks!
Take care, Andrea from Lancaster, England


RN: Not at all. I cant play with my right hand (and win obviously)


Hi Rafa, now that Spain has unexpectedly lost its first match (to Switzerland!), I am wondering: how does a bad result for Spain in the World Cup influence your mood on court?~
Myra, The Netherlands


RN: Not on the court. Not at all. IT affects me off the court, that's for sure!

Aucun commentaire: