mardi 29 juin 2010

Q & R avec Rafa: Nutella, my love for cookies - and my naughty cousins!

Rafael Nadal
2 hours ago


blog post photo


Hello Rafa, I saw the video with your cousin on facebook, it seems wonderful. Do you play with them often when you are in Mallorca? Do they understand that you are a very famous tennis player or do they only see you like their old cousin?
Kisses from Madrid, Rosi.


RN: Yes I see them all the time. I love being with them, they are a lot of fun. A bit naughty so that makes them funny for me but I guess not that much with my ant... I think they know a bit of what I do, but they see me like the elder cousin in the end.


I know you adore your beloved Balearic Islands, but have you ever thought of holidaying anywhere in Australia like our Ningaloo Reef Archipelago, where I am blessed enough to live.
Taryn Ford, Western Australia.


RN: I hear it is beautiful but to be honest I am not too much at home so it is nice to stay there for many reasons.


It's wonderful to see you back on grass in Wimbledon and playing so well, especially in your all whites :) When it comes to food, if you had to choose - sweet or salty? I know your favourite Quely cookies are neither :)
All the best for this week Rafa, xx Nicole.

RN: Salty more than sweet but with the exception of Nutella...

What are your favourite balls? My favourite balls are Slazenger, I hate HEAD ATP balls.
Mónika from Hungary


RN: That's a good question. Now they are all pretty similar, The important thing for us is that we play with the same balls for a whole swing. Not many changes.

I was wondering if Nike custom-make some of your clothing, as I particularly like the lilac velour traning top you were wearing last week, but it doesn't appear in your catalogued items.
Julie Tingle


RN: Yes, they are taylored but I believe everything is at the shops on different sizes.

In your blog from the French Open you said that you would try to go and see "Love Never Dies", the sequel to "Phantom of the Opera" when you were in London. Have you managed to do that, and if you did, what's the review?
Julie Tingle


RN: Didn't have the chance during Queens. Clearly during Wimbledon because of the distance, the time, etc. is more difficult. Maybe in NY if they play it there.

You say you take 100 packets of cookies to every tournament. Do you charter a plane for those? And are you worried that you will weigh about 150kgs when you stop playing tennis?
Love, Emma


RN: They actually send me some boxes. Not sure they are 100... No worries about my weight when I stop. I am sure I will stay fit since I am very active! The quely biscuits aren't bad for that.

As you're such a fair person I think you'd be a very good umpire (much better than that one that warned you the other day!) so if you could be an umpire for the day, who's match would you like to umpire and why?
Besos y abrazos, Juliette Westbrook-Finch


RN: Not possible since I would like to be playing not umpiring. But good question anyay.

Aucun commentaire: