vendredi 16 mai 2008

Press Conference with RAFAEL NADAL

Hamburg, 16 May 2008

Press Conference with RAFAEL NADAL

Nadal - Moya 6:1, 6:3

Q: Was that a good test tonight?

NADAL: More than a good test. I played a very good match against a very good player. I think I had a good start, playing very aggressive. Maybe Carlos had some mistakes but probably I played more inside the court and normally it's him because if he finds his rhythm with the forehand, it is very tough to play against him. Today I moved the ball very well. I tried to attack all the time with my forehand. So, I'm very happy about how I played.

Q: So, tomorrow whoever wins will be world No. 2 going into Roland Garros. Is that very special for you?

NADAL: Not very special. I know very well what it is to be No. 2 because I had 3 years consecutive being No. 2. So if I lose the No. 2 tomorrow, it's not going to be nothing very bad for me. If I don't lose the No. 2 tomorrow, then I'll lose it in a few weeks because I defend a lot of points. Anyway, the important thing is, I'm in a good position in the Race. I'm No. 2 on the Race, having a very good season. And I'm here in the semifinals and tomorrow it's going to be an important match for me. But not more important than a normal semi finals of a Masters Series. It's not the same as if you are fighting for No. 1.

Q: You have beaten him 3 times on clay, so you are the favourite.

NADAL: He's the best of the season. He's the No. 1 in the Race. He's playing well. So, I think no favourites because he won last week in Rome. I'm fine. I will try my best. It will be a tough match because he is playing with very good confidence. I have to play my best tennis. Favourites - tomorrow after the match.

Aucun commentaire: