jeudi 15 mai 2008

Press Conference with RAFAEL NADAL.

Press Conference with RAFAEL NADAL

Nadal - Starace 6:4, 7:6 (6)

Q: Do you feel you got better since Rome? Do you feel physically better?

NADAL: Physically I am usually better. It was a tough match. I did not practice too much in the last days. I had a problem with a blister in Rome. After that I had 3, 4 days off. I could not put the foot on the floor very well. My first day of practice was here in Hamburg when I arrived. I tried my best, but the preparation was very fast. I did not have too much time. Today, I probably did not play my best match on clay. But I am very happy because I was with very good attitude all the match.

Q: You can put the foot down?

NADAL: Yes, it is much better. It is not 100% but much better.

Q: Were you ready for a third set? You could have played a third set?

NADAL: For sure, why not.

Q: Were you surprised how fast the court was?

NADAL: The clay is a little different than in Monte Carlo and Barcelona. When you slice on the clay, it is a little different. You have to see how to arrive to the ball, for example when you arrive to the forehand, to the backhand, it is a little different, you have to move a little bit more safe. You don't slide that well. But I think tomorrow it is going to be much better for me.

Q: You had two very high quality matches against Andy before. Do you expect another one tomorrow?

NADAL: I had a very tough match in Australia and one in Madrid. So, yes. Andy is a big player, I know. He's always a very dangerous player. One of the best players of the world. I know I will have to play my best to beat him.

Q: Were you surprised about the news about Justine Henin?

NADAL: Surely, surprised. But she knows more than anyone how she feels. We have to respect her decision and support her, I think. It's an important loss for the sport and for tennis because she was No. 1, one of the best players of the world in the last years. So, disappointing for us.

Q: Do you ever think about resting this week?

NADAL: No. No. I know 4 weeks in a row is impossible but after Rome, I have to play here. I don't have more chances.

Q: You've been very complimentary about Andy Murray. What makes him so dangerous?

NADAL: He's a very talented player. He can do every shot. He can play defensive, he can play attack, good volleys, good slice, very good backhand. He changes the rhythm very well. I know he is a very tough player, a very complete player.

Aucun commentaire: