mardi 8 septembre 2009

Q&R avec Rafa / Mardi 8 septembre, 2009

Rafa replies: My Olympic gold medal is very precious to me

Nadal_and_flag_385_563403a

Do you wear sunscreen? Sia
RN: Not normally

When you play on grass, you stand much closer to return serve, and you don't try to run around to hit a forehand on serve returns. Why don't you apply these same tactics on the fast US Open court? Kal Hadi
RN: The bounce is different so you have to be ready in a different way.

I told my Mallorcan boyfriend that you are always very polite and respectful and that you have never broken a tennis racquet. He laughed and said there is no way that you have never ever smashed a tennis racquet. Have you ever broken one? Niamh, Ireland
RN: I have never smashed it or broken it on purpose.

Do you also take the vitamin supplement you take before every match when you practice? Cheenie, Philippines
RN: No, never

I am curious as to where you have placed your Olympic gold medal. Is is displayed nicely or being protected by a sock or something? Rebecca, Los Angeles
RN: At home. It is very precious to me. Special place for sure

Do you think you can be a good tennis teacher or coach? Is that something that you imagine for the future, either with kids or adults? Mathilde, France
RN: I am not sure about that. I don't see myself in the future as a coach but you never know...

Picking up the right ball to serve: do you choose it always on the same basis, or does it depend upon the sort of serve you are trying each time? Julio, Madrid
RN: It depends what you are looking for such as fast serve or slower.

Were you a good student when you studied in school? Have you been criticised by your teacher? What was your reaction to it? Lulu
RN: Not a very good one I have to say. But I wasn't bad either.

Do you think there's any resemblance between Uncle Toni and the tennis player Jesse Witten? Kilana
RN: I really don't think so although some people told me.

I saw maria sharapova hit a forehand with her right hand and then pass her racquet to her left hand and stretched to hit a forehand with her left hand on the opposite side of the court. is that something you have considered trying, or is it too unnatural now to try to use your right hand for a forehand, even when the ball is out of reach for your backhand shot? Lisa, Ohio
RN: No, I don't think about this. I am cool with my forehand and my double handed backhand

Aucun commentaire: