lundi 14 septembre 2009

Blog de Rafa/ 14 septembre, 2009

Loss to Del Potro will help me improve my game

Rafaelnadalap

Hello and goodbye to all,

It has been great being able to be with you all these past two weeks. In the end I left NY on the final Sunday but unfortunately it was not after playing the final. The semi-final match was not the best I've played and that loss will help me think about some things and hopefully keep improving. I wasn't really there yesterday. The other guy simply played much better than me and I feel I am not playing at that level needed to win a major.

Lots of people asked me about my injury and also if that affected my game. The truth is that I didn't play well and there is no excuse whatsoever for the defeat. He played better and deserved to win. Now I am flying back home and also would like to get my abdominal muscle checked. It doesn't look too good since I am in pain when serving but hopefully it is nothing serious.

I didn't want to talk about the injury during the US Open. There were several reasons for that: 1) I didn't want to give any extra information to my rivals. In the end I am playing, I knew I was going to go out and compete and there was no reason why to say I'm injured. 2) for respect to my opponent. I wouldn't feel too good if someone who says publicly that he is injured beats me and 3) I didn't really want to stop and wanted to play no matter what. I didn't want it to be checked after I did the last one a week before the tournament started.

Now I am back and will do everything to get it checked.

Once again many thanks for this opportunity of writing the blog and I hope to be back with you all soon.

Rafa

Aucun commentaire: