jeudi 27 mai 2010

Q & R avec Rafa : having a whale of a time watching Moby Dick

Whale_15416d

Click here to e-mail a question to Rafa

Does your family still play practical jokes on you, like when you were a kid and you thought you were invisible?


Atch, Thailand

Rafa: I think I am a bit older and more difficult to do these kind of things. I would say it is me now doing it..

The weather has turned to rain this afternoon. How much of a difference do the heavier conditions make to the courts and what do you change to your game plan?
Clare

Rafa: In my case I didn't have to play today so it was OK. It did affect my practice since it rained during the 2 hours I was supposed to practice, I believe it is not going to rain tomorrow afternoon so it really won't affect me. But clearly the courts become heavier and slower if it rains. The sun makes them faster and the balls too.

Hi Rafa, does it make you more nervous when stars like Ronaldo, Raoul and Zidane turn up to watch you play? Good luck, Rafa - you can do it!
Love Sam

Rafa: Not really. Probably more when I meet them... :-)

Hello Rafa! We all know you are a huge fan and a great advocate of the Davis Cup, having served Spain so well. However, do you think that a "World Cup" for tennis could work?
Wooffs

Rafa: It is too early to talk about these things. I have heard this idea before.

In the past, I read that you watched series of Lost or Prison Break. What are you currently watching at the moment?
Kim, London

Rafa: I am watching the movie Moby Dick, a classic.

We heard Jake Gyllenhaall, the actor who plays the Prince of Persia in his new movie, said he was inspired by you (physically) while creating the character. What do you think about it? Did you ever play the original video game? Many thanks and best of luck!
Upoma & Paroma, Dhaka, Bangladesh

Rafa: Nope, Never played it. I think someone told me about this or read about it. I am thankful to what he said, hopefully we can meet one day and I can thank him personally.

Not long ago, they used to say that the surface of Monte Carlo was quite similar than Roland Garros. Looking at the aces in Roland Garros compared with Monte Carlo, I wonder if that's true. More importantly, there are rumours doing the rounds that they're gradually making the Roland Garros surface faster with a thinner layer of clay so that it almost plays like a hardcourt surface. Since I have no way of having this confirmed, may I ask your expert opinion on that: Is it true?
Jules

Rafa: The conditions in Monte Carlo are the most similar to the ones in Roland Garros. The courts here are really good and I don't see much of a change with previous years to be honest.

Have you had any time to ride your Harley motorcycle back home in between tournaments this year? Amanda, USA

Rafa: Yes, a bit. But I am not a good driver... So i am safer with a car in my hands...

Aucun commentaire: