mardi 17 novembre 2009

UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL WITH RAFA NADAL



Paris, November 17, 2009

Just over a week ago, Donald McRae from ‘The Guardian’ got the chance to sit down with Rafa Nadal in Paris for an exclusive interview.

During the meeting, Rafa took the opportunity to share with the media more details about his personal journey during what has been a very complicated, but equally rewarding year.

“For everybody there are tough moments. Unluckily for me, this year mine came when I arrived at the most important tournaments in the worst possible condition." he said in reference to Roland Garros and Wimbledon.

"It was a hard moment for me," ..."I couldn't play Wimbledon and it's my favourite tournament. I also lost at Roland Garros and I had a few personal problems. So everything coming together [at the same time] made it hard," he concluded.

Just before the champ heads over to London for the first time since his epic victory over Roger Federer in the 2008 Wimbledon final, he took a moment to acknowledge and praise his relationship with the man who is without doubt “one of the best players in history”.

"He always did a very good job for our sport and he is a nice person. I have spent the most important moments of my career playing against Roger – and the same is for him, too, playing against me. So we have a big respect and, off the court, we have a very good relationship."

Next week, at the O2 Arena in London, they will both play in the ATP World Tour Finals – when the top eight men gather for one last lucrative tournament before their brief winter break.

Rafa's main goal for the tournament is still driven by a simple purity of purpose. It underpins both his ferocious dedication to tennis and his winning humility off court: "I always work with a goal – and the goal is to improve as a player and a person. That, finally, is the most important thing of all."

Click here to read full article…

By Donald McRae

The Guardian

Source: http://www.rafaelnadal.com/nadal/en/home

Aucun commentaire: