mardi 13 octobre 2009

SECOND ROUND: RAFA NADAL VS JAMES BLAKE


Shanghai, October 13, 2009

Rafa Nadal will start his Shanghai Masters Series tournament campaign on Wednesday against American James Blake. At this stage it is unknown the time and place of the match, so please check back later for updates.

The duo met last week in Beijing, with Rafa winning in three tough sets. Blake and Rafa have met six times on the ATP World tour, each man winning three matches.

This is what James had to say about Rafa:

"I played Rafa last week [in Beijing]," said Blake. "I know how difficult it is to play him. I know how much he makes you run, how hard he makes you work, how great defence he plays. I know what I'm in for, and I'll just prepare [the] same way I did last week."

RAFA THE ‘ROCK STAR’

Apparently, during Rafa’s training session yesterday, “there was about a thousand people there on the court watching,” or at least that’s what a journalist told Rafa during his press conference. The champ of course feels very humbled by all the attention he gets and appreciates the ‘rock star’ treatment.

“Here the fans are very emotional with me all the time. They show these emotions a lot. That makes me feel very well, no? So I you know, every time when I come here, I feel it really well, and it sure is very special for me, no?” he said.

“[There is] a lot of people waiting at the hotel, here or Beijing. I had an amazing experience last year with the Olympics, and I had two years of experience, very good experience here playing the Masters Cup. So the people is very nice, and, well, yeah, very nice with me all the time, no? Just can say thank you very much, everybody here in China”.

Vamos Rafa!

Video: TVE.es /gandaines

Source: http://www.rafaelnadal.com/nadal/en/home

Aucun commentaire: