vendredi 9 octobre 2009

RAFA SETS UP SEMI-FINAL SHOWDOWN AGAINST CILIC

Beijing, October 10, 2009

The reigning Aussie Open champion, Rafa Nadal blew past fellow former world No. 1 and Beijing titlist Marat Safin 6-3, 6-1 on the hardcourts of the Olympic Green Tennis Center tonight and booked himself a semi-final showdown against Croat Marin Cilic tomorrow.

This was Marat’s final match in Beijing , as the big Russian expects to retire from the ATP World Tour at season's end. The two-time major champ from Moscow was the Beijing winner back in 2004.

Rafa dominated the brief but richly entertaining encounter against Safin and is now a perfect 8-0 lifetime at this event, including a title here back in 2005.

"I think I played a really good match," Rafa said after the match. "I'm happy about my level."

"I'm feeling better now than during the American season. I don't know if I am playing at my best level but we'll see over the rest of the tournament."

SATURDAY'S ORDER OF PLAY: Rafa's match is schedulled second on Center Court. The match before theirs starts at 12:00pm (local time).

Vamos Rafa!

Source: http://www.rafaelnadal.com/nadal/en/home

Aucun commentaire: