vendredi 16 octobre 2009

RAFA Nadal moves into semis IN SHANGAI

Shanghai, October 16, 2009

Rafa Nadal has advanced to the semi-finals of the Shanghai Masters Series tournament this evening after Ivan Ljubicic retired with a thigh injury.

Ljubicic eased into a 6-3 lead in Shanghai with Rafa struggling to get his rhythm going, and while the current Australian Open champion raced through the gears in the second set to take it 6-3, the match was still finely balanced until Ljubicic threw in the towel.

Rafa expressed disappointment at the bitter ending as the veteran Croatian could not go on at an event peppered with pullouts all week (Ivan’s retirement became the 8th).

“I'm sorry for Ivan,” said Rafa after the match. I wish him a fast recovery. I know how tough it is to be injured”.

In the semis, Rafa will play fellow Spaniard and one of his best friends, Feliciano Lopez who beat Sweden's Robin Soderling 7-5 (7-4) 6-3.

"I'm happy to be in the semi-finals," said Rafa. "I'm also very happy for Feliciano”.

"He's been having a difficult year and this is a big result for him. He will be coming to the court with confidence. I hope to play a good match and have my chances to win."

Vamos Rafa!

Source: http://www.rafaelnadal.com/nadal/en/home

Aucun commentaire: