vendredi 9 octobre 2009

Press Conference: Rafael Nadal(ESP)

  Date: Oct. 8th 2009

  Time: 18:30

  Scores: Rafael Nadal defeated James Blake (7-5 / 6-7(4) / 6-3) and advanced to the quarterfinal.


 Q: What part of this game annoyed you most and how do you sort this puzzle?

  A: He's a very good player. His return is very fast. I think I played a very good match. I feel it well – one of my best matches after my injury of the knee. I'm happy with how I played today.

  Q: When you come so close to winning in two sets and have to play a third, what are you feeling? Is it frustrating?

  A: No, it's not frustrating. I was very happy with how I played. He's playing really well. I have to try to conserve myself the first few games, and later we will see. I was feeling well. It's a very important win.

  Q: How much does a match like this take out of you in terms of getting through the rest of the tournament?

  A: Every match is important; every win is very important. Every win gives you confidence. I feel it a very good win. I didn't have a lot of bad shots with the forehand, so that's important. For the rest, I have to play aggressively, but I think I'm ready to play aggressively.

  Q: You've been playing in China for a few years now. Have you noticed any difference with the fans?

  A: My first time here was in 2005 playing in the China Open but in the other stadium. My feeling is completely different. It improved a lot always and is going better than before. When I played in 2005, I remember in the finals there were a little more people but not a lot of people on courts in other matches. Now there are a lot of people. It makes me very happy, and cheering for the tournament is very important.

  Q: Having just recovered from abdomen and knee injuries earlier this year, how are you feeling for the rest of the tournament and the rest of the year?

  A: It was a hard year for me, more than I expected when the year started but that's part of the game. Sometimes the not perfect situations are going on. For the rest, I'm very happy to be here on the court, and I'm very happy with how I'm playing. The expectations are always high, but it's always tough to say.

Aucun commentaire: