lundi 31 août 2009

Q&R avec Rafa/ Lundi 31 aout, 2009

Questions for Rafa: I'm 100 per cent ready for US Open

Arafaelnadalreuters

Questions from The Times


How are your knees doing? Are you feeling well enough for two weeks of matches at the US Open?
Grace, Virginia

Yes, I am feeling good and today was asked about it. I am 100% ready. Many thanks

I enjoy running (between 5km and 21km) and am interested in the endurance aspect of sport. Do you run long distances as part of your training schedule and if so, do you enjoy it?
Anand

No, I don't normally do this kind on running on practice. Only a bit during the pre-season.

So great to have you back on the tour. What do you like most about New York? Do you have one or two experiences that stand out?
Sarah K

Many thanks. I like a lot of things about New York but I don't have much time to enjoy. I love the musicals here in Broadway and I used to go and see the city. It is tougher for me nowadays.

Where have you ridden your Harley-Davidson motor bike?
Atch2

Back home in Mallorca. But not much to be honest.

It must have been very tough for you not to compete over the last few months, but have you gained anything positive from the experience? And has spending more time at home with your friends and family changed the way you feel about tennis?
Rafaelite in Australia

Yes sure, there are positives. I had the chance to be in Mallorca in the best time of the year of the Island... :-) But I would have preferred to be out there competing.

Do you ever plan on getting a Twitter account? Andy Roddick, the Williams sisters and Andy Murray do. Your fans would love to hear about your daily routine/activities.
Amelia M, St. Paul, Minnesota

No, I am doing facebook and my website. My English is not that good and I have help to translate so imagine adding one more! Go to those 2 and that should be.

I understand what you mean when you say you feel "special sensations" about your tennis, but when you say it about other things like playing the exhibition with Serena Williams and John McEnroe, what do you mean exactly?
Cedrine

The place where we had the chance to play was great, in the middle of the city. So the feeling (probably that's what I really mean) was great.

If you could make one change to the game of tennis, what would it be and why?
Niamh Kearney, Ireland

We are discussing those in the Player Council. I prefer to keep that among ourselves and hopefully we will be able to change things.

If the doctor told you your knees would be perfect if you never ate cookies & cream ice-cream again, would you do it?
Juana

ABSOLUTELY!!! But unfortunately that's not the case. However my knees are well now... touch wood!

Aucun commentaire: