mardi 2 juin 2009

I lost but it's not a tragedy

Rnadal.585x350

Hello everyone and I suppose you understand the reason for not sending the blog post yesterday... Not because I didn't feel like doing it, I am not like that. I simply I didn't have time for it. After the match was over, and after spending some time with my team in the locker room, I had to do all the work at the tournament and went back to the hotel to pack my bags quickly.

My flight was leaving at 10 pm and with the anti-doping control, the press Conference, the TV and radio inteviews and the travel back to the hotel it got really late. We managed to leave the hotel just in time to get on the plane at arrive past midnight in Mallorca. We send a message to the people here and advised them I would do it today.

The first thing I want to say is that it was only a tennis match yesteday. No big drama. It happens, and I knew it would happen one day. It had to be yesterday and well, now I just have to look at that match and see what I did wrong.

It is not a tragedy since as I say it had to happen one day. It is something I have to live with and that's it. I played really bad, very short, not agressive enough (or not at all) with out any calm and on top of that he played well... I simply did not play my tennis. Clearly it was not the best day of my life and I am not happy, but there is nothing I can do. It is hard to lose at a Grand Slam tournament, I know, but I must have confidence to keep working and fighting again.

One thing is also clear now to the public and that I have always said it: Every match is important, every round is difficult and anything can happen.

Yesterday was the proof. When I am asked about the final, about the semifinals and who is on my side of the draw... you see? I am not liying when I say that every match and every round is important. Tennis is a very difficult sport since you can go home on any bad day, and I had that bad day yesterday. I felt good at the warm up, believe me, but never felt good during the match.

So what I am going to do now is rest in Mallorca, at home, with my family and friends and analyze with Toni what happened yesterday. I will travel to London on Saturday or Sunday to defend my title at the Queen's Club and prepare for Wimbledon the following week. Everything normal.

Thanks to all for your support. I know I have a lot of fans there in the UK and around the world and I am truly thankful for that. I know the messages that I have received are sincere and honest.

Rafa

Aucun commentaire: