mardi 29 décembre 2009

RAFA PREPARES FOR ABU DHABI

Mallorca, 29 of December, 2009

Rafa Nadal has completed his last training session for the year in Mallorca before flying to Abu Dhabi this afternoon. The World No.2 trained for nearly 2 hours on Monday with one of his best friends, Carlos Moya and even played a set, which he won 7-5.

After the training session, Rafa said he was very “happy” with the work he’s done during December despite not having any time to rest after Spain won the Davis Cup title a few weeks ago. “Before travelling at the beginning [of the season] you always feel a bit lazy, especially when I haven’t had much time for myself as I’ve been training all the time”.

“I did get the chance to be with my friends for a couple of days and I’ve spent some time with my family, so I’m really looking forward to the beginning of the season where I hope to regain mi level of competition bit by bit,” said Rafa to a Mallorcan TV Channel yesterday.

“You always have to take one day at a time and I really hope that both the exhibition tournament in Abu Dhabi and the tournament in Doha will give me the practice and confidence I need to play the Australian Open at the highest level.”

EXHIBITION TOURNAMENT

The Capitala World Tennis Championships, begins on the 31st of December and goes till the 2nd of January. Rafa will begin his 2010 campaign on Thursday, 1st of January against the winner of the match between Jo-Wilfred Tsonga and Nicolay Davydenko.

In the other side of the draw, Roger Federer, Robin Soderling or Stanislas Wawrinka could play him in the final.

Source: http://www.rafaelnadal.com/nadal/en/home

Aucun commentaire: