vendredi 17 mai 2013

Rafael Nadal fights back to beat Ernests Gulbis at Italian Open


World number five Rafael Nadal recovered from a heavy first-set loss to beat Ernests Gulbis and remain on track for a seventh Italian Open title.
The Spaniard, 26, beat Latvian Gulbis 1-6 7-5 6-4 to reach the quarter-finals at Rome's Foro Italico.
I really don't want to talk about my knee
"I survived a tough match today," said Nadal, who will next face compatriot and fourth seed David Ferrer.
"Now I have another chance to try and go farther. Being in the quarter-finals is fantastic. I'm more than pleased with what I've done since I returned."
Nadal missed over seven months with a knee injury before returning in February, since when he has won five titles and reached seven finals.
"I really don't want to talk about my knee," he added. "I'm fine. I fought a lot to be where I am today.
"These matches like today, where you're in trouble all the time but you keep fighting for every ball, this victory means a lot. To have another one like this is very special."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22563479

Aucun commentaire: