dimanche 10 mars 2013

Rafael Nadal beats Harrison on hard-court return at Indian Wells







Rafael Nadal came through his first hard-court match in nearly a year with a straight-sets win over Ryan Harrison at Indian Wells.
Nadal, who returned from seven months out with a knee injury last month, eased to a 7-6 (7-3) 6-2 victory.

After seven months out I don't want to take crazy risks Rafael Nadal
Two-time Indian Wells winner Nadal, who had a bye in the first round as one of the top seeds, has won two out of three tournaments on clay since his comeback in February but admitted he was unsure how his knee would hold up on the hard surface.
The Spaniard, seeded fifth, lost three consecutive games to squander a 4-1 lead in the opening set against unseeded American Harrison, but he won the tie-break and took the second set with ease. He will face Leonardo Mayer in the third round.
The 26-year-old said: "My physical performance needs to improve. My movements need to improve.
"After seven months out I don't want to take crazy risks but when I am playing in a tournament my mentality is to try my best in every moment. I am satisfied to be in the next round. That's the most important thing.
"The victory is important because it gives me the chance to play another day and I need to play matches and compete. Two weeks ago I didn't really know if I would be here playing. I am happy to be here.
I needed a little bit of time to realise I'm in the tournament, that I have to step it up
 Source:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/21731545

Aucun commentaire: