vendredi 30 août 2013

Nadal triumphs with ease at US Open

Rafael Nadal plays a forehand against Rogerio Dutra Silva during the 2013 US Open men's singles second round match on Thursday in New York. Photo: CFP


 Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer moved closer to a first-ever US Open meeting with second-round triumphs on Thursday while women's top seeds Serena Williams and ­Victoria Azaranka also advanced.

Spanish second seed Nadal, a 12-time Grand Slam winner who has nine titles since returning from a seven-month injury layoff in February, beat Brazilian qualifier Rogerio Dutra Silva 6-2, 6-1, 6-0 in 92 minutes at Arthur Ashe Stadium.

"I was solid with my serve," said Nadal, who hit 69 percent of his first serves. "I played well. I started a little slower but when the match was coming on I felt I played better and better. I am ­trying to play more aggressive."

Eight-time French Open champion Nadal, 27, will next risk his career-best 17-match hard court win streak against Croatian Ivan Dodig, who is 1-1 all-time against Nadal and upset him in their most recent meeting in the second round at Montreal in 2011 by winning a third-set tie-breaker.

Source: http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/807660.shtml#.UiECun-a9Pc

Aucun commentaire: