mercredi 10 avril 2013

Toni Nadal:´ The relationship with Rafael Nadal has always been well managed. Jerzy Janowicz future number one´

Interviewed in press-conference at the BNP Paribas Katowice Open, Toni Nadal, uncle and coach of Rafa Nadal, tells his relationship with his nephew.
“I started to work with Rafa when he was three. I think that the ideal age to start playing tennis is around 5-6 years old, in this way the child has many other alternatives and a lot of time to learn how to play. But it hasn’t to be necessarily like this. Rafa was always enthusiastic to train, I never had to force him. He has a true passion for sport. He has always loved also soccer and now, when he can, he also plays golf.
I perfectly remember the first titled won in Sopot in 2004. Rafa was dealing with an injury already for several time before the beginning of the tournament. It was an incredible victory.”
“I was hard with him, not too much, but being his uncle never braked me. Now I can be sure to say that it was better like this, because I can allow myself to do some things that I wouldn’t have been able to do otherwise. We also went through hard times, but our professional relationship has never interfered and never won’t in our personal relationship.”
Then talking about the future of male tennis, Toni was trusty towards the young Polish tennis player Jerzy Janowicz, currently number 24 of the ATP ranking: ”There haven’t been many changes on the top of the ranking in the last years. The finals of all the big events are always between the same players. But I saw Janowicz during the Master of Paris- Bercy ( the 22 years old of Lodz last November reached the final at the Parisian tournament, lost then for David Ferrer, ndr). He’s young and talented. Up to me, there are good possibilities that in the future he will be the world’s number one.”

Source:http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Toni-Nadal-The-relationship-with-Rafael-Nadal-has-always-been-well-managed-Jerzy-Janowicz-future-number-one-articolo9271.html

Aucun commentaire: