jeudi 8 juillet 2010

Dernier message de Rafa sur son blog

En retard, mais voici le dernier message de Rafa sur le blog qu'il tenait durant Wimbledon.

Hello everyone and BIG THANKS to you all.

You can imagine two things of me today: 1) I am over the moon and 2) I am very tired and need holidays!

The first one is difficult to explain further. The sensation to win the tournament of my dreams for the second consecutive time (I didn’t play here last year) and doing it after winning Roland Garros too is something it was difficult to imagine just one year ago. I was suffering, watching the final on TV at home on my sofa, and wondering how things were going to unfold in my career. But today I am again with this special feeling of winning the biggest and most important tennis tournament in the world.

The second one is long to explain. I am not that tired from the match itself. To be honest all the media work I did after the match was longer than the match itself. I got to the house at 9.30pm and only had 5 minutes to get changed. I was then back in the car talking to Spanish radio stations and only finished when I got to the hotel for the Ball. But also tired for these past 16 weeks where I only had a few days at home.

Now it is time to get treatment and rest for 2 weeks, a full 2 weeks of not playing tennis and simply enjoying my holidays!

To end this blog and to end this 2 weeks of being with you, I want to really thank you for your support. I truly mean when I say that I feel at home here in Wimbledon. I feel the warmth of the fans here like at home and I feel the respect for the game, for our sport. For me it is really an honor to play here and a dream to have done what I managed to do on Sunday.

Many thanks also to The Times for giving me this opportunity and I hope we continue with this tradition now that is also lucky for me!

Your Rafa

Aucun commentaire: