mercredi 6 octobre 2010

Article sur Rafa (en anglais)



Rafael Nadal focusing on Japan debut

TOKYO — World number one Rafael Nadal on Monday brushed off his surprise disappointment in the Thailand Open semi-finals last weekend, pointing to outstanding successes this season.

"The season has been unbelievable for me. Even if I lose every match in every tournament in the last four or five tournaments of the year," said the 24-year-old Spaniard ahead of his debut at the Japan Open.

Last week, Nadal made his Thailand debut in Bangkok, but crashed to a surprise defeat to compatriot Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in the semi-finals on Saturday, having missed 24 out of 26 break points.

Nadal has won the French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open this season to complete a career Grand Slam along with victory in the Australian Open last season.

He has won six titles this season for a total of 42 titles overall, including nine Grand Slam titles as well as the Beijing Olympics in 2008.

Nadal said his victory at Monte Carlo had changed everything: "I had a few chances to win a tournament before Monte Carlo."

"In Monte Carlo, everything changed. I started winning. I got confidence. I could play with little bit more confidence, little bit less pressure. I played very, very well."

But he added he had to change something before playing Santiago Giraldo of Colombia in the first round here following his defeat in Bangkok.

"It's difficult to change my strategy in a few days. You see how I was playing in Bangkok, you see how I lost that match. I have to change something," said Nadal.

"The surface (of the Ariake Coliseum centre court) is fast, it's one of the fastest on the tour. I already practiced for one hour, but it's not enough, I need a little bit more practice," said Nadal.

"I hope I will be ready for tomorrow. I will have a difficult match against Giraldo. It's very important to be ready and focused for tomorrow, because Giraldo is a very good player and very dangerous.

"If I can win, then I will have one more day to practice."

Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5j93wbeQ3ru1-ITzpYhaHhhVztAZg?docId=CNG.21f3fd6a7552fd8c24b4a22fa08f4ec0.5a1

Aucun commentaire: